Red Steel sighted for Revolution
Whilst the French publishing powerhouse aren't saying anything at present, Game Informer magazine are, and given that it's the cover story for their latest issue it's a pretty safe bet that this is no mere conjecture. Ubisoft are working on a brand new game for the Revolution console, we're led to believe, the game in question being crafted by Ubisoft's Paris studio, by a team which has in the past worked on Prince of Persia, Far Cry Instincts, Ghost Recon and more.
Red Steel is the name of the project, which may be the rumoured 'Katana' title, hinted at in recent days. A mix of gun and sword gameplay is predicted, with adult violence flying in the face of atypical Nintendo titles. More on Red Steel will no doubt be presented at E3, and it will be interesting to see the extent to which this high-profile third-party title will make use of the Revolution controller. We'll keep you posted.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny