Red Steel sighted for Revolution
Whilst the French publishing powerhouse aren't saying anything at present, Game Informer magazine are, and given that it's the cover story for their latest issue it's a pretty safe bet that this is no mere conjecture. Ubisoft are working on a brand new game for the Revolution console, we're led to believe, the game in question being crafted by Ubisoft's Paris studio, by a team which has in the past worked on Prince of Persia, Far Cry Instincts, Ghost Recon and more.
Red Steel is the name of the project, which may be the rumoured 'Katana' title, hinted at in recent days. A mix of gun and sword gameplay is predicted, with adult violence flying in the face of atypical Nintendo titles. More on Red Steel will no doubt be presented at E3, and it will be interesting to see the extent to which this high-profile third-party title will make use of the Revolution controller. We'll keep you posted.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year