Red Steel sighted for Revolution
Whilst the French publishing powerhouse aren't saying anything at present, Game Informer magazine are, and given that it's the cover story for their latest issue it's a pretty safe bet that this is no mere conjecture. Ubisoft are working on a brand new game for the Revolution console, we're led to believe, the game in question being crafted by Ubisoft's Paris studio, by a team which has in the past worked on Prince of Persia, Far Cry Instincts, Ghost Recon and more.
Red Steel is the name of the project, which may be the rumoured 'Katana' title, hinted at in recent days. A mix of gun and sword gameplay is predicted, with adult violence flying in the face of atypical Nintendo titles. More on Red Steel will no doubt be presented at E3, and it will be interesting to see the extent to which this high-profile third-party title will make use of the Revolution controller. We'll keep you posted.
- October PS Plus Instant Game Collection line-up announced with Driveclub as a bonus
- Betas planned for every platform should ensure Battlefield: Hardline will work at launch
- Latest patch for Battlefield 4 fixes just about everything and unblocks your kitchen sink
- Warface gets updated with new maps and a few gameplay tweaks
- Platinum Games' Hideki Kamiya gives one final response to those begging for Bayonetta 2 to be released on PS4 and Xbox One
- Shadow Of Mordor devs not worried by the Assassin's Creed comparisons
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham heading to New York ComicCon 2014
- Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty gets brand new 'Old School' controls
- Bungie concedes that Destiny's storyline was recut less than a year from release