Rainbow Six: Vegas exposed further
Having confirmed its existence a couple of weeks ago, Ubisoft have now opted to further reveal Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six: Vegas in an official capacity. The new Rainbow Six, in development for the PC, PS3 and Xbox 360, will be out in the autumn.
Set entirely in a lovingly rendered virtual recreation of Las Vegas, the new Rainbow Six will see a brand new team of agents working to save the city of sin from an ever-escalating terrorist threat. Some rather special high-definition graphics strike as the first change with Vegas, and we're told to expect new team-mates with new abilities, with whom you will have to work closely in order to complete the tense new missions of the singleplayer story mode.
Apparently, your cohorts will make gameplay/story-impacting suggestions as you proceed, advising on tactics and the like. Things like snake cams will also add a new element of excitement to situations, allowing you to tag terrorists, for example. A range of new moves will be on the roster, all of them lovingly motion-captured for authenticity, with new real-time mission briefings promised additionally.
A full online mode will of course once again form a major part of the package, but we're told to expect smarter enemy AI too, taking advantage of hardware improvements. More news on this at E3 next month, we reckon.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer