Mario immortalised on Japanese stamps
A set of Japanese postal stamps celebrating Nintendo's legendary plumber Mario is now on-sale in the land of the rising sun, where you can pre-order ten-strong sheets of the 80 yen stamps. The stamps will be officially launched next month in Japan, and Japan Post are no doubt expecting a run on the highly-collectable stamps. The stamps can be pre-ordered via eBay now for non-residents of Japan, and no doubt resident 'gaijin' might be hoping to make a killing selling the stamps abroad. Ahem.
Japan is something of a Mecca for creative stamps and indeed stationary of all kinds, so its little surprise to see one of the nation's favourite hobbies immortalised in this manner. Whilst the stamps won't work outside of Japan, it is conceivable that a letter, postcard or packet could be posted to another country using them. We'll keep you posted on this, and more, as we get it. Geddit? (You're fired. - Ed)
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side