Final Fantasy XIII to be PS3 exclusive?
1UP.com today reveals a spot of excitement ahead of this year's E3 event, to be held in Los Angeles come May. Citing EGM magazine, the website reveals a rather juicy rumour that Final Fantasy XIII will be revealed as a Playstation 3 exclusive at the show. Apparently, E3 will get a teaser trailer of the new RPG, and the inevitable boastings about exclusivity from the platform holder.
Apparently, FFXIII has been nearly complete for some time, Square Enix pushing the project back owing to the well-publicized delays suffered by number twelve. 1UP.com reports several additional EGM speculations too, namely that a new Mario Paint is en route for the DS, a new PSP design specification is mooted, as well as gossip on a mysterious sequel to an SNES/N64 series bound for the Revolution. No word on what series that is, sadly. Thanks 1Up.com, no really, thanks.
More on all this tittle-tattle as we get.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3