Battlefield 2142 official
Swedish developer DICE (recently the subject of further EA-related takeover speculation) have chosen this week to unofficially lift the lid on a project we've heard mutterings of for some time: Battlefield 2142. The game, an update of their well-defined winning formula set in the future, is due out on this PC this autumn, and was confirmed via the community website. The DICE update 'beamed' thusly:
"As you'll have guessed, this is a departure for the BF series as we're going into the future - something that a lot of you wanted to see happen in the BF universe. We're creating a ton of cool features that you won't have seen in any BF before, including cloaking devices, mines that follow you, awesome new rifles, guns and grenades, and of course, MECHS!"
The developer's Stockholm studio are charged with creating this vision of a future war, whilst DICE Canada beaver away on updating Battlefield 2 and an expansion pack. More news is promised later in the week, so we'll keep you posted as we learn more.
- Left 4 Dead 2 finally gets an uncensored release in Australia
- Starting Destiny from a “blank canvas” was liberating says Bungie
- Driveclub PS Plus Edition will be an added extra for PS Plus subscribers in October
- Chris Roberts: Star Citizen does have potential on next-gen consoles
- Rockstar explains the delay to the PC version of GTA V
- The plan is to bring PSOne, PS2 and PS4 games to PS Now in the future says Sony
- Major Nelson reveals three new Xbox 360 hardware bundles coming this week
- Markus 'Notch' Persson: “I didn’t have the connection to my fans I thought I had”
- Microsoft purchases Minecraft devs Mojang for 2.5 billion USD, Markus Persson and other founders to leave