Battlefield 2142 official
Swedish developer DICE (recently the subject of further EA-related takeover speculation) have chosen this week to unofficially lift the lid on a project we've heard mutterings of for some time: Battlefield 2142. The game, an update of their well-defined winning formula set in the future, is due out on this PC this autumn, and was confirmed via the community website. The DICE update 'beamed' thusly:
"As you'll have guessed, this is a departure for the BF series as we're going into the future - something that a lot of you wanted to see happen in the BF universe. We're creating a ton of cool features that you won't have seen in any BF before, including cloaking devices, mines that follow you, awesome new rifles, guns and grenades, and of course, MECHS!"
The developer's Stockholm studio are charged with creating this vision of a future war, whilst DICE Canada beaver away on updating Battlefield 2 and an expansion pack. More news is promised later in the week, so we'll keep you posted as we learn more.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year