2K announce CivCity: Rome, Civ IV expanded
Stronghold developer Firefly Studios will partner with veteran strategy developer Firaxis on a new project revealed by publisher 2K Games this week. CivCity: Rome takes its inspiration from Sid Meier's acclaimed Civilization series, and promises a rich and detailed slice of Roman empirical life. The most vivid "ever depicted on a computer screen," in fact.
The new PC game, due out in the summer, will see you building Rome from humble origins before moving on to create all the hallmarks of Roman life celebrated to this day. It all looks jolly exciting, as you can see from the new screenshots released of the game, and further demonstrates Take-Two's (2K's ) commitment to broadening their reach beyond the GTA series.
In a separate announcement, 2K also announced an expansion pack for Civ IV called Warlords. The game will feature brand new units and historically legendary leaders such as Alexander the Great and Genghis Khan. Like Rome, the new game will be released in the summer and will feature six civilizations, ten leaders and innumerable new wonders and new units. More on all this as we get it.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer