2K announce CivCity: Rome, Civ IV expanded
Stronghold developer Firefly Studios will partner with veteran strategy developer Firaxis on a new project revealed by publisher 2K Games this week. CivCity: Rome takes its inspiration from Sid Meier's acclaimed Civilization series, and promises a rich and detailed slice of Roman empirical life. The most vivid "ever depicted on a computer screen," in fact.
The new PC game, due out in the summer, will see you building Rome from humble origins before moving on to create all the hallmarks of Roman life celebrated to this day. It all looks jolly exciting, as you can see from the new screenshots released of the game, and further demonstrates Take-Two's (2K's ) commitment to broadening their reach beyond the GTA series.
In a separate announcement, 2K also announced an expansion pack for Civ IV called Warlords. The game will feature brand new units and historically legendary leaders such as Alexander the Great and Genghis Khan. Like Rome, the new game will be released in the summer and will feature six civilizations, ten leaders and innumerable new wonders and new units. More on all this as we get it.
- Watch Us Play.tm: Metro Redux
- Capcom suing Koei Tecmo for a lot of patent infringement
- New fighters and gameply features come in with EA Sports UFC's second free update
- NHL 15 demo faces off on PS4 and Xbox One
- Chair bringing the Infinity Blade saga to a close next week
- Watchmen and Dexter actors provide the voices for The Evil Within
- Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement
- Antitrust issues caused Google to back out of buying Twitch
- Metro Redux launch trailer arrives as the collection launches in North America