2K announce CivCity: Rome, Civ IV expanded
Stronghold developer Firefly Studios will partner with veteran strategy developer Firaxis on a new project revealed by publisher 2K Games this week. CivCity: Rome takes its inspiration from Sid Meier's acclaimed Civilization series, and promises a rich and detailed slice of Roman empirical life. The most vivid "ever depicted on a computer screen," in fact.
The new PC game, due out in the summer, will see you building Rome from humble origins before moving on to create all the hallmarks of Roman life celebrated to this day. It all looks jolly exciting, as you can see from the new screenshots released of the game, and further demonstrates Take-Two's (2K's ) commitment to broadening their reach beyond the GTA series.
In a separate announcement, 2K also announced an expansion pack for Civ IV called Warlords. The game will feature brand new units and historically legendary leaders such as Alexander the Great and Genghis Khan. Like Rome, the new game will be released in the summer and will feature six civilizations, ten leaders and innumerable new wonders and new units. More on all this as we get it.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey