MS plot music over Live
Announcing their two-pronged publicity assault for Xbox Live, Microsoft are promising monthly opportunities to game over Live with big-name popstars of the music world, as well as free music video downloads via the Xbox Live Marketplace. Epic 'artist' Natasha Bedingfield will kick-off the new initiative, the popmistress's video 'Unwritten' currently gracing the Marketplace in standard and HiDef versions.
A sweepstake will also be held at the end of March in which a select band of lucky gamers will be able to face-off with Bedingfield in a spot of online gaming. Video chat is also possible in the future, Microsoft reveals, when their camera add-on launches. Bedingfield's involvement with Live is part of a one-year deal between Microsoft and her label Epic, which will see a different artist featured on the service monthly in continuation of the "Game With Fame" scheme which has seen the likes of Hollyoaks cast members playing online in the past.
"This agreement with Epic Records offers our members exclusive artistic content directly from the source. With Artist of the Month we will be providing exactly what music-loving gamers want: brand-new, exclusive music videos that can be downloaded quickly, easily and free of charge," beamed Peter Moore on the new agreement. More news on future artists is promised soon.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date