MS plot music over Live
Announcing their two-pronged publicity assault for Xbox Live, Microsoft are promising monthly opportunities to game over Live with big-name popstars of the music world, as well as free music video downloads via the Xbox Live Marketplace. Epic 'artist' Natasha Bedingfield will kick-off the new initiative, the popmistress's video 'Unwritten' currently gracing the Marketplace in standard and HiDef versions.
A sweepstake will also be held at the end of March in which a select band of lucky gamers will be able to face-off with Bedingfield in a spot of online gaming. Video chat is also possible in the future, Microsoft reveals, when their camera add-on launches. Bedingfield's involvement with Live is part of a one-year deal between Microsoft and her label Epic, which will see a different artist featured on the service monthly in continuation of the "Game With Fame" scheme which has seen the likes of Hollyoaks cast members playing online in the past.
"This agreement with Epic Records offers our members exclusive artistic content directly from the source. With Artist of the Month we will be providing exactly what music-loving gamers want: brand-new, exclusive music videos that can be downloaded quickly, easily and free of charge," beamed Peter Moore on the new agreement. More news on future artists is promised soon.
- Visuals are key to the PS4's success according to Nielsen's latest survey
- Sledgehammer considering revisiting classic multiplayer maps for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- New ToeJam & Earl game comes to Kickstarter
- Free login campaign announced as Final Fantasy XIV tops 4 million registered users
- Fable Legends will be free-to-play on both PC and Xbox One
- Bastion will hit the PS4 in April
- Sierra bringing Velocity 2X to Xbox One and PC
- This month is a triple-A bonanza for Xbox gamers on Games With Gold
- New House Of Wolves leak shows a Reef social hub for Destiny