Star Citizen continues gain crowd-funding, passes the 37 million USD mark
Chris Robert's return to game development has certainly proven to be insanely popular.
Crowd-funding for Star Citizen has now passed the 37 million USD mark allowing Roberts' Cloud Imperium studio to continue to add features and content to what is an already-colossal PC space title.
In passing this latest milestone Chris Roberts announced on the Star Citizen blog that they will be adding two new star systems to the game. The Tanga System orbits a white dwarf and the curious UDS-2943-01-22 System which orbits around a trinary star system with two white dwarves orbiting a pulsar.
Roberts wrote, “You’ve pushed Star Citizen to $37 million in crowd funding! And that amount is only one of the numbers I’m having trouble believing today. Let me share another one with you: 4,924. That’s the number of Organizations that have been created since the new system went online less than twelve hours ago. The breadth of the Star Citizen community continues to astonish: you’ve taken up our charge and are creating something truly unique.”
More information on Star Citizen is available on the Roberts Space Industries website along with the ability to join the growing community that has helped fund the game.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3