Starbreeze describes new shooter Storm as 'Payday in Space' to investors
The first snippets of information have emerged on what Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay dev Starbreeze Studios is working on next.
Storm is the name of their new shooter and the first details have appeared courtesy of the Swedish developers' most recent financial report to investors.
In the report (be aware that it's all in Swedish) they describe Storm as like 'Payday in space'.
It gets a whole paragraph in the report which states, “Starbreeze runs a game project with the working title storm. The game is based on a proprietary concept and is based on the technology behind Payday games. Storm can almost be summed up as "Payday in space." it is a co-op shooter in a sci-fi environment that takes advantage of the design we have created in Payday games.”
The information was spotted by games industry super-sleuth Superannuation and relayed on Twitter.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3