PSP posters pulled from UK stations
Sony Europe have taken the step of removing several PSP advertising posters from railway services across the UK, after transport staff raised safety concerns about the message on the ad. The posters urged customers to "Take a running jump from here" and whilst the message referred to the portability of the PSP hardware, rail staff were concerned that the poster contradicted their own safety advice.
"An employee spotted it and said it was a bit inappropriate," the Manchester Evening News were told by a Network Rail representative. "The message goes completely against all our safety messages, particularly because PlayStation is aimed at youngsters and we are constantly telling them not to trespass."
The poster won't be ceased entirely, but Sony are in the process of having it removed from all places deemed 'inappropriate'. The campaign was designed to finish this weekend anyway, so minimum fuss will be caused by Sony's decision now, taken in light of the placing of certain ads.
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone