New Call of Duty titles speculated
Online game site Joystiq.com, along with several other notable publications (albeit of the exclusively net-based variety) are speculating that a new Call of Duty could be en route, 'sources' cited as revealing that new titles will be created for the PC, PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360 and PS3. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is rumoured to be in development at Infinity Ward, and will feature middle-east combat, pitting the US army, marines, and the SAS against terrorist factions backing a brutal dictator.
Highly interactive environments are touted in Jostiq's expose, whilst we're told there will be helicopters to pilot, laser-guided bombs, innumerable authentic guns, grenades et al. If this all sounds a little too close to home, perhaps the new console title, as yet unnamed, will provide a little more escapism, set during the 1944 Breakout campaign in Normandy.
Net speculation points to Treyarch as developer, but this remains unsubstantiated, and we're promised plenty of vehicles to drive, parachute jumps, tank-driving, commando missions and more. The gameplay will be enriched further by a new physics engine, and new moves for disarming traps, sprinting for cover and dodging assaults.
Of course, no one's giving much away at present, and publisher Activision are proving evasive too. More as and when we get it.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year