New World Cup game official
Staggering, shocking, baffling news today from the house of EA, who have just announced 2006 FIFA World Cup for the PC, consoles and handheld platforms (all of them, basically). The game is scheduled to launch ahead of the world's number one sporting showcase in April, and will capture many of the authenticities to feature in Germany this summer.
EA highlight the fact that 100 famous-name players will be recreated in extra-special detail, with vivid animation and staggering likenesses promised. All 127 national sides will also be available to play as, and the 12 main venues of the cup recreated in detail. Stadia from qualifying rounds will also be represented, and a Global Challenge mode will help recreate classic matches and moments from World Cups gone by.
We're told to expect unlockable bonuses such as a classic star players and 'sportswear', the former sounding particularly interesting, and all in all, EA must be rubbing their hands in glee at the prospect of gargantuan sales ahead of the tournament.
"The FIFA World Cup will be the single most watched sporting event by a worldwide television audience, bringing together football fans from around the world," beamed producer Joe Nickolls. "Our game, 2006 FIFA World Cup, celebrates this passion by capturing all of the national rivalries in-game, enabling fans to play their heroes and be a part of 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany."
More on this in due course.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III