Plastic Piranha's new shooter Rekoil arrives on Steam
505 Games has announced the launch of Plastic Piranha's new hardcore arena shooter Rekoil on the PC.
The shooter has been designed with both modders and eSports in mind with full modding tools to allow the community to go wild creating levels for the game which focuses on fast-flowing competitive FPS battles for 16 to 24 players.
As far as eSports goes the game features full Twitch.tv support and spectator mode for casting and commentary. There's LAN support for tournaments and a replay function for event organizers and video directors to review the key moments in each match.
Plastic Piranha and 505 Games are holding a level design competition with the winner scoring an Alienware Aurora gaming rig with Dell Ultrasharp Monitor, Alienware TactX Keyboard, Mouse and Gaming Headset.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3