Spooks actress voices Lara
The voice of 'countess' Lara Croft will be provided for in Tomb Raider: Legend by Keeley Hawes of the Spooks fame, publisher Eidos (now owned by SCI) has revealed. Eidos announced a new 'real-life' face for Miss Croft last week, confirming a former Top Shop assistant as the new model to appear in interviews and photoshoots as the legendary Tomb Raider. For her part, Keeley Hawes is most famous as Zoe from BBC series Spooks, but also appeared in Pie in the Sky alongside Richard Griffiths back in the day. She was also in the film A Cock and Bull Story opposite Steve Coogan.
"Lara Croft is such a strong and powerful character, but she also has an edge to her, which was great to portray vocally," Hawes beamed. "Lara is getting up to all sorts of trouble in Legend, I am sure the fans won't be disappointed!" Let's hope Hawes knows something we don't about the first Lara-outing not developed by Core design...
Matt Gorman, Eidos person, stated that Keeley Hawes possessed "the right balance of aristocracy and attitude to really bring to life Miss Croft in all her glory." The game is out on April 11th for the PS2, PC and Xbox. PSP and Xbox 360 versions are set to follow.
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO