Spooks actress voices Lara
The voice of 'countess' Lara Croft will be provided for in Tomb Raider: Legend by Keeley Hawes of the Spooks fame, publisher Eidos (now owned by SCI) has revealed. Eidos announced a new 'real-life' face for Miss Croft last week, confirming a former Top Shop assistant as the new model to appear in interviews and photoshoots as the legendary Tomb Raider. For her part, Keeley Hawes is most famous as Zoe from BBC series Spooks, but also appeared in Pie in the Sky alongside Richard Griffiths back in the day. She was also in the film A Cock and Bull Story opposite Steve Coogan.
"Lara Croft is such a strong and powerful character, but she also has an edge to her, which was great to portray vocally," Hawes beamed. "Lara is getting up to all sorts of trouble in Legend, I am sure the fans won't be disappointed!" Let's hope Hawes knows something we don't about the first Lara-outing not developed by Core design...
Matt Gorman, Eidos person, stated that Keeley Hawes possessed "the right balance of aristocracy and attitude to really bring to life Miss Croft in all her glory." The game is out on April 11th for the PS2, PC and Xbox. PSP and Xbox 360 versions are set to follow.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year