Spooks actress voices Lara
The voice of 'countess' Lara Croft will be provided for in Tomb Raider: Legend by Keeley Hawes of the Spooks fame, publisher Eidos (now owned by SCI) has revealed. Eidos announced a new 'real-life' face for Miss Croft last week, confirming a former Top Shop assistant as the new model to appear in interviews and photoshoots as the legendary Tomb Raider. For her part, Keeley Hawes is most famous as Zoe from BBC series Spooks, but also appeared in Pie in the Sky alongside Richard Griffiths back in the day. She was also in the film A Cock and Bull Story opposite Steve Coogan.
"Lara Croft is such a strong and powerful character, but she also has an edge to her, which was great to portray vocally," Hawes beamed. "Lara is getting up to all sorts of trouble in Legend, I am sure the fans won't be disappointed!" Let's hope Hawes knows something we don't about the first Lara-outing not developed by Core design...
Matt Gorman, Eidos person, stated that Keeley Hawes possessed "the right balance of aristocracy and attitude to really bring to life Miss Croft in all her glory." The game is out on April 11th for the PS2, PC and Xbox. PSP and Xbox 360 versions are set to follow.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer