Vin Diesel and Midway team-up
The Chronicles of Riddick videogame was something of a surprise-treat when it was released all those months ago, indeed, the innovative and well-crafted action title was widely regarded as somewhat better than the actual film, which starred Vin Diesel. Diesel, an avid gamer, was at the time heavily involved in the development which was undertaken in partnership between Starbreeze and his own Tigon games studio.
Now its been revealed that Vin Diesel will be getting involved in a similar project once again, partnering with publisher Midway to create a cinematic version of 'The Wheelman', a game already being developed on Midway's behalf by Diesel's team at Tigon. The game will apparently open the door for other "entertainment offerings", spinning-off from the first title.
The film will be created by MTV Films and Paramount Pictures with Diesel as star, whilst the game will benefit from a hefty 15 million USD budget. A late 2007 launch for both products is mooted, the game will be crafted for the Xbox 360 and PS3. More soon.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year