Vin Diesel and Midway team-up
The Chronicles of Riddick videogame was something of a surprise-treat when it was released all those months ago, indeed, the innovative and well-crafted action title was widely regarded as somewhat better than the actual film, which starred Vin Diesel. Diesel, an avid gamer, was at the time heavily involved in the development which was undertaken in partnership between Starbreeze and his own Tigon games studio.
Now its been revealed that Vin Diesel will be getting involved in a similar project once again, partnering with publisher Midway to create a cinematic version of 'The Wheelman', a game already being developed on Midway's behalf by Diesel's team at Tigon. The game will apparently open the door for other "entertainment offerings", spinning-off from the first title.
The film will be created by MTV Films and Paramount Pictures with Diesel as star, whilst the game will benefit from a hefty 15 million USD budget. A late 2007 launch for both products is mooted, the game will be crafted for the Xbox 360 and PS3. More soon.
- Techland announces a Dying Light modding contest alongside new updates for the toolset
- 2K announces the Evolve Proving Grounds tournament in conjunction with ESL
- Broken Age: Part 2 arrives for backers 24 hours ahead of the full launch
- Halo Championship Series Cup 1 cancelled due to continued online problems
- Dirt Rally announced as a PC exclusive, hits Steam Early Access
- PC benchmarking app arrives for Final Fantasy XIV players to make sure they can run Heavensward
- [UPDATE] Hideo Kojima and Guillermo Del Toro collaboration Silent Hills looks like it has been canned
- Gears Of War Xbox One remaster looks like it's coming
- Batman: Arkham Knight will have GTA V-style character switching