Vin Diesel and Midway team-up
The Chronicles of Riddick videogame was something of a surprise-treat when it was released all those months ago, indeed, the innovative and well-crafted action title was widely regarded as somewhat better than the actual film, which starred Vin Diesel. Diesel, an avid gamer, was at the time heavily involved in the development which was undertaken in partnership between Starbreeze and his own Tigon games studio.
Now its been revealed that Vin Diesel will be getting involved in a similar project once again, partnering with publisher Midway to create a cinematic version of 'The Wheelman', a game already being developed on Midway's behalf by Diesel's team at Tigon. The game will apparently open the door for other "entertainment offerings", spinning-off from the first title.
The film will be created by MTV Films and Paramount Pictures with Diesel as star, whilst the game will benefit from a hefty 15 million USD budget. A late 2007 launch for both products is mooted, the game will be crafted for the Xbox 360 and PS3. More soon.
- Report finds that the 100 USD tier of Assassin's Creed: Unity's microtransactions is completely unnecessary
- Final Fantasy Type-0 HD gets a new trailer
- Bungie deconstructs their latest Destiny patch, hints at what is coming next
- DayZ creator Dean Hall could join UK studio Improbable
- Shadow Of Mordor arrives on last-gen consoles
- David Braben apologises for ditching Elite: Dangerous's offline mode, outlines refund criteria
- Microsoft celebrates the 1st birthday of the Xbox One with free access to Sunset Overdrive
- Hacker group leaks account details for thousands of PSN, Origin, Windows Live and 2K Game Studios accounts
- RedLynx promises online multiplayer is coming to Trials Fusion early next year