Jackson embraces next-gen potential
After the critical and commercial success of Peter Jackson's King Kong videogame tie-in, with which the Oscar winning director had unprecedented involvement, the director has spoken of the vast potential offered by the next-generation of consoles.
"I definitely see improved graphics and sound as continuously positive attributes for consideration among the Hollywood community," Jackson enthused in an interview with Yahoo. "Actors will look more 'life-like' in HD and the sound continues to get closer to the theatrical movie experience - this makes it easier to provide sound effects, artwork, and talent when you, as a filmmaker, know that the final game will be a strong representation of the film."
If only other notable Hollywood figures were as keen to ensure high-quality game interpretations of their films... but then Jackson is a self-confessed keen gamer, and even before the launch of the King Kong game was vocal in his praise for Ubisoft designer Michel Ancel, the mastermind behind the Kong title. Jackson also stated that they were discussing the possibility of future Kong games at present, but that no decision had been made. He also declared development of the game alongside the film as a success, and one he would consider repeating on future projects.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year