New Lara Croft revealed
Ready the tabloid-esque jokes and fire-up the hype-radar, a new Lara Croft model was announced by Eidos today. Although the series might have faded somewhat from its heyday, this is still to be regarded as a fairly 'large' gig, with a new game out this year hoping to catapult young Lara firmly back into the spotlight, where she lived before Core's latter creations turned the IP ever-so-slightly sour. This season's Lara is not an international supermodel, nor a Hollywood glamour-puss however... she is in fact a Top Shop sales assistant from London's Bethnal Green.
Twenty year-old Karima Adebibe competed with several thousand other applicants to become the new face of Lara Croft, and the Eidos press release which arrived this morning reveals that the 'self-confessed' tomboy will now endure an SAS training course in Eastern Europe, and lessons in archaeology, elocution and more, as she aims to fill the sizeable boots of Lady Croft, the eleventh Countess, or some such nonsense.
"This is an incredible opportunity for me and one which I plan to grasp with both hands" beamed Karima. "It's a huge challenge to follow in the footsteps of people like Nell McAndrew and Angelina Jolie, but life is all about challenges and this is perhaps the biggest one for a model and actress."
The new game is out in April, and we're told that Karima will be helping lift the Tomb Raider brand on a two-year jaunt, taking in commercials, modelling assignments, chat shows and more. And look! We didn't even mention the size of her "weapons", "missions", "assets" or "trophies" once! Damn.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side