New Lara Croft revealed
Ready the tabloid-esque jokes and fire-up the hype-radar, a new Lara Croft model was announced by Eidos today. Although the series might have faded somewhat from its heyday, this is still to be regarded as a fairly 'large' gig, with a new game out this year hoping to catapult young Lara firmly back into the spotlight, where she lived before Core's latter creations turned the IP ever-so-slightly sour. This season's Lara is not an international supermodel, nor a Hollywood glamour-puss however... she is in fact a Top Shop sales assistant from London's Bethnal Green.
Twenty year-old Karima Adebibe competed with several thousand other applicants to become the new face of Lara Croft, and the Eidos press release which arrived this morning reveals that the 'self-confessed' tomboy will now endure an SAS training course in Eastern Europe, and lessons in archaeology, elocution and more, as she aims to fill the sizeable boots of Lady Croft, the eleventh Countess, or some such nonsense.
"This is an incredible opportunity for me and one which I plan to grasp with both hands" beamed Karima. "It's a huge challenge to follow in the footsteps of people like Nell McAndrew and Angelina Jolie, but life is all about challenges and this is perhaps the biggest one for a model and actress."
The new game is out in April, and we're told that Karima will be helping lift the Tomb Raider brand on a two-year jaunt, taking in commercials, modelling assignments, chat shows and more. And look! We didn't even mention the size of her "weapons", "missions", "assets" or "trophies" once! Damn.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year