New Lara Croft revealed
Ready the tabloid-esque jokes and fire-up the hype-radar, a new Lara Croft model was announced by Eidos today. Although the series might have faded somewhat from its heyday, this is still to be regarded as a fairly 'large' gig, with a new game out this year hoping to catapult young Lara firmly back into the spotlight, where she lived before Core's latter creations turned the IP ever-so-slightly sour. This season's Lara is not an international supermodel, nor a Hollywood glamour-puss however... she is in fact a Top Shop sales assistant from London's Bethnal Green.
Twenty year-old Karima Adebibe competed with several thousand other applicants to become the new face of Lara Croft, and the Eidos press release which arrived this morning reveals that the 'self-confessed' tomboy will now endure an SAS training course in Eastern Europe, and lessons in archaeology, elocution and more, as she aims to fill the sizeable boots of Lady Croft, the eleventh Countess, or some such nonsense.
"This is an incredible opportunity for me and one which I plan to grasp with both hands" beamed Karima. "It's a huge challenge to follow in the footsteps of people like Nell McAndrew and Angelina Jolie, but life is all about challenges and this is perhaps the biggest one for a model and actress."
The new game is out in April, and we're told that Karima will be helping lift the Tomb Raider brand on a two-year jaunt, taking in commercials, modelling assignments, chat shows and more. And look! We didn't even mention the size of her "weapons", "missions", "assets" or "trophies" once! Damn.
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree
- Tychus loses his cigar for his appearance in Heroes Of The Storm
- Capcom details the Ultra Street Fighter IV PS4 upgrades
- Codemasters releases a teaser for F1 2015
- Total War: Arena gameplay unveiled
- Warner Bros bringing Batman's cowl and cape from Batman: Arkham Knight to MCM Comic-Con this weekend
- Red Thread gives an update on Dreamfall Chapters Book Three
- Sony releases a pretty 1080p gameplay video of God Of War III on PS4
- Techland shelves Hellraid to focus on Dying Light