Insomniac points out Sunset Overdrive is no MMO
Insomniac would like to make it clear that their upcoming Xbox One exclusive shooter Sunset Overdrive is not an MMO.
The game has been revealed as a connected open world shooter that they will be updating on a regular basis with community input as well as throwing in their own ideas.
"It will have a story and a campaign," explained Insomniac community web developer Tim Salvitti on the Insomniac community forums.
“This is not a MMORPG,” he went on. “It will have a story and a campaign. It is an open-world, 3rd person action game if you want to categorize it."
Whatever it actually is Insomniac's colourful and cartoonish shooter is intriguing and has enough potential to make purchasing the Xbox One well worthwhile.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3