Insomniac points out Sunset Overdrive is no MMO
Insomniac would like to make it clear that their upcoming Xbox One exclusive shooter Sunset Overdrive is not an MMO.
The game has been revealed as a connected open world shooter that they will be updating on a regular basis with community input as well as throwing in their own ideas.
"It will have a story and a campaign," explained Insomniac community web developer Tim Salvitti on the Insomniac community forums.
“This is not a MMORPG,” he went on. “It will have a story and a campaign. It is an open-world, 3rd person action game if you want to categorize it."
Whatever it actually is Insomniac's colourful and cartoonish shooter is intriguing and has enough potential to make purchasing the Xbox One well worthwhile.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag