Xbox 360 free-to-play title Happy Wars now playable without Xbox Live Gold
It appears that Microsoft may be experimenting with offering free-to-play games outside of Xbox Live Gold.
Happy Wars, one of the first free-to-play titles to appear on the Xbox 360 can now be played by 360 owners with Xbox Live Free.
It may have been spurred by Sony's decision to exclude the PS4's free-to-play titles from requiring a PS Plus subscription to play an offer that we believe will even extend to subscription MMOs down the line beginning with The Elder Scrolls Online when it arrives later this summer.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3