CD Projekt RED: Cyberpunk 2077 is definitely an all-out RPG
In the excitement surrounding the next-gen launch you may have been forgiven for forgetting about CD Projekt RED' other announced next-gen project Cyberpunk 2077.
Right now the Polish studio's main focus is on getting The Witcher 3 ready for it's release this year but they do have a little bit of time just to make sure that fans know exactly what they are building from the classic Cyberpunk tabletop RPG.CEO of CD Projekt RED said,“People have been asking me if Cyberpunk 2077 will have multiplayer or if it will be a straight-up shooter, and I tell them to relax, because it will be a true RPG game.”
“We are known for storytelling,” he went on, “and big game worlds and so we’re taking all what we’ve learnt from previous three Witcher games, as well as the open-world aspect, and applying it to Cyberpunk 2077. So yes, it is an all-out RPG game, but we’re looking at having a lot of new gameplay elements that I cannot talk about yet. One thing I can say for sure is that it is definitely NOT a multiplayer shooter.”
There's no set release window for Cyberpunk 2077 but it is expected on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One some time in 2015 or 2016 at the latest.
- Underworld Ascendant makes its Kickstarter goal with room to spare
- Rare is 30, has something special coming in recognition of the anniversary
- Destiny will get one more update before House Of Wolves arrives
- Warner Bros to bring DC MOBA Infinite Crisis to Steam
- Gabe Newell: No-one gets motion-sick with the Vive VR headset
- NPCs can now be mugged in The Elder Scrolls Online
- Halcyon 6: Starbase Commander passes Square Enix Collective and heads to Kickstarter
- Zombie Army Trilogy shambles onto PC and next-gen consoles
- Sony aiming to release Project Morpheus in 2016