CD Projekt RED: Cyberpunk 2077 is definitely an all-out RPG
In the excitement surrounding the next-gen launch you may have been forgiven for forgetting about CD Projekt RED' other announced next-gen project Cyberpunk 2077.
Right now the Polish studio's main focus is on getting The Witcher 3 ready for it's release this year but they do have a little bit of time just to make sure that fans know exactly what they are building from the classic Cyberpunk tabletop RPG.CEO of CD Projekt RED said,“People have been asking me if Cyberpunk 2077 will have multiplayer or if it will be a straight-up shooter, and I tell them to relax, because it will be a true RPG game.”
“We are known for storytelling,” he went on, “and big game worlds and so we’re taking all what we’ve learnt from previous three Witcher games, as well as the open-world aspect, and applying it to Cyberpunk 2077. So yes, it is an all-out RPG game, but we’re looking at having a lot of new gameplay elements that I cannot talk about yet. One thing I can say for sure is that it is definitely NOT a multiplayer shooter.”
There's no set release window for Cyberpunk 2077 but it is expected on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One some time in 2015 or 2016 at the latest.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today