CD Projekt RED: Cyberpunk 2077 is definitely an all-out RPG
In the excitement surrounding the next-gen launch you may have been forgiven for forgetting about CD Projekt RED' other announced next-gen project Cyberpunk 2077.
Right now the Polish studio's main focus is on getting The Witcher 3 ready for it's release this year but they do have a little bit of time just to make sure that fans know exactly what they are building from the classic Cyberpunk tabletop RPG.CEO of CD Projekt RED said,“People have been asking me if Cyberpunk 2077 will have multiplayer or if it will be a straight-up shooter, and I tell them to relax, because it will be a true RPG game.”
“We are known for storytelling,” he went on, “and big game worlds and so we’re taking all what we’ve learnt from previous three Witcher games, as well as the open-world aspect, and applying it to Cyberpunk 2077. So yes, it is an all-out RPG game, but we’re looking at having a lot of new gameplay elements that I cannot talk about yet. One thing I can say for sure is that it is definitely NOT a multiplayer shooter.”
There's no set release window for Cyberpunk 2077 but it is expected on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One some time in 2015 or 2016 at the latest.
- Darth Revan to make a return in Star Wars: The Old Republic
- Quake Live arrives on Steam
- Survivor mode to bring lots of extra content for Alien: Isolation
- Microsoft to release a special version of the Xbox One controller for PC
- Don't be fooled by the violins and sunflowers, The Evil Within's TGS trailer is scary
- 2K Games revives the NHL 2K franchise for mobiles
- Sledgehammer bringing a touch of Dead Space's immersive design to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare
- 343 on the absence of Halo 3: ODST and Halo: Reach from the Master Chief Collection: We ran out of disc space
- Latest PS3 update for Minecraft adds save transfer to PS4 support, Vita version still in testing