CD Projekt RED: Cyberpunk 2077 is definitely an all-out RPG
In the excitement surrounding the next-gen launch you may have been forgiven for forgetting about CD Projekt RED' other announced next-gen project Cyberpunk 2077.
Right now the Polish studio's main focus is on getting The Witcher 3 ready for it's release this year but they do have a little bit of time just to make sure that fans know exactly what they are building from the classic Cyberpunk tabletop RPG.CEO of CD Projekt RED said,“People have been asking me if Cyberpunk 2077 will have multiplayer or if it will be a straight-up shooter, and I tell them to relax, because it will be a true RPG game.”
“We are known for storytelling,” he went on, “and big game worlds and so we’re taking all what we’ve learnt from previous three Witcher games, as well as the open-world aspect, and applying it to Cyberpunk 2077. So yes, it is an all-out RPG game, but we’re looking at having a lot of new gameplay elements that I cannot talk about yet. One thing I can say for sure is that it is definitely NOT a multiplayer shooter.”
There's no set release window for Cyberpunk 2077 but it is expected on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One some time in 2015 or 2016 at the latest.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer