CD Projekt RED: Cyberpunk 2077 is definitely an all-out RPG
In the excitement surrounding the next-gen launch you may have been forgiven for forgetting about CD Projekt RED' other announced next-gen project Cyberpunk 2077.
Right now the Polish studio's main focus is on getting The Witcher 3 ready for it's release this year but they do have a little bit of time just to make sure that fans know exactly what they are building from the classic Cyberpunk tabletop RPG.CEO of CD Projekt RED said,“People have been asking me if Cyberpunk 2077 will have multiplayer or if it will be a straight-up shooter, and I tell them to relax, because it will be a true RPG game.”
“We are known for storytelling,” he went on, “and big game worlds and so we’re taking all what we’ve learnt from previous three Witcher games, as well as the open-world aspect, and applying it to Cyberpunk 2077. So yes, it is an all-out RPG game, but we’re looking at having a lot of new gameplay elements that I cannot talk about yet. One thing I can say for sure is that it is definitely NOT a multiplayer shooter.”
There's no set release window for Cyberpunk 2077 but it is expected on the PC, PS4 and Xbox One some time in 2015 or 2016 at the latest.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side