Dreamworks announce Flushed Away game
A brand new videogame, based on a forthcoming Aardman / Dreamworks animation was announced today by D3Publisher, the firm revealing that Flushed Away will be released in-sync with the film, due at the end of 2006. Releases on PS2, GameCube, GBA and Nintendo DS are promised, though nothing on Xbox, oddly. Aardman have in the past created such epics as Chicken Run, and we're expecting more 'doughy' characters up to all kinds of shenanigans, punctuated with the filmmakers trade-mark humour.
The film is about a rich rat called Roddy, who lives in the up-market London borough of Kensington... that is until he meets the unseemly Syd, and is inadvertently flushed into the city's sewers, entering the dark and foreboding Ratropolis. In the depth of London's 'underworld', Roddy meets the delightful Rita, and the two embark on an adventure to defeat the dastardly Toad.
So, the film sounds rather fun, but what of the game? Well, traditionally movie tie-ins are of course utter dross, but we're hopeful that quality control at Dreamworks will ensure a half-decent title. The game will apparently include characters and places not found in the film, and will be a narrative-driven adventure played from a third-person perspective. Developer Vicious Cycle will create the console games, whilst Altron and ART create the handheld outings.
More as we get it.
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi