Michel Ancel promises a journey with strong consequences from Beyond Good & Evil 2
Beyond Good & Evil 2 may have disappeared from the public eye but the game's creator Michel Ancel hasn't forgotten about it.
Speaking in a new interview the Rayman creator promised that he and his team are working hard to build something special that will remain with gamers for a long time in his much-desired adventure sequel.
Ancel began, “I think there are some very memorable moments in games, and in the one I’m working on we try to make moments memorable and [imbue them] with strong consequences. It’s not only about a single moment, but the whole journey that the player is led through in the world.”
“In Beyond Good & Evil,” he continued, “we tried to make the player travel and discover different things, and I think it’s something that you really need… It’s like in a good story, or a good book, or a good movie: the whole book is supposed to bring you to this special moment. It’s meant to make you feel something very strong, even if it’s short. It’s something that we haven’t achieved yet [in the game industry]. I have the idea to build this kind of thing, but honestly, it’s something that we need to work on.”
Thanks Edge Online. Video hosted by Machinima.
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter
- Shadow Of Mordor trailer introduces the unique orc character, Ratbag
- Saints Row IV coming to next-gen consoles
- Saints Row: Gat Out Of Hell is a new standalone expansion
- First details of Telltale's Game Of Thrones series arrive
- SEGA unveils the new definitive Total War: Rome II – Emperor Edition
- Prison Architect alpha build 24 arrives
- Bayonetta 2 gets a final release date
- Deep Down now delayed until 2015