Kojima Productions built a special 80s filter for Metal Gear Solid V
Hideo Kojima has revealed that they had built a special eighties visual filter for Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain to give it that authentic eighties feel.
He stated on his Twitter account that the filter was inspired by the seventies look of Ron Howard's F1 movie Rush but it was too demanding on hardware and slowed the game down so they had to ditch it.
“But when we actually implemented full screen effect,” he added, “it was too heavy that slowed the system down so we had to take it out.”
While The Phantom Pain may be some ways off yet (possibly as late as 2016) the prologue, Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes is due out on PS4, PS3, Xbox One and Xbox 360 in the middle of next month.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey