DS redesign looms?
Rumours reported by various online sources, and Japan's highly respected Famitsu magazine, have suggested that the Nintendo DS could be receiving a redesign this very year. Now, a new report from online games retailer Lik-Sang suggests that news on the redesign is imminent, an insider pointing to a Nintendo press conference on the subject next Monday. Of course, the internet is wonderful for a spot of gossiping, and also brilliant at over-emphasising speculation, that said, rumours have continued to boil for long enough now for us to believe their could be some truth in this. We will of course find out on January 16th, if Lik-Sang's insider proves correct.
The latest idle chatter currently has it that the redesigned DS handheld will sport a mobile phone style appearance, incorporating voice-over-IP phone calls taking advantage of the system's WiFi Connection - which launched across the globe last year. We also hear that the GBA cartridge slot may be axed from the new design.
This may all be a little far-fetched, but a redesign does seem likely, making the DS slicker, more compact - moving the product the same way as the more 'adult-styling' of the GBA SP. We also here chatter that this move will alter the look of the handheld so it fits better with the modern 'iPod-generation' pretensions of the forthcoming Revolution console.
- Here's a bunch of new screenshots of Project CARS running on the Xbox One
- Free Power Of Defiance DLC arrives for Shadow Of Mordor
- Teaser trailer arrives for Telltale's Game Of Thrones
- Tales From The Borderlands to debut this month
- Archwing update arrives for the console versions of Warframe
- Free update and Black Sea Colonies DLC arrives for Total War: Rome II
- Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions coming next week
- World Of Warcraft subs jump back over the 10 million mark with the release of Warlords Of Draenor
- F1 2014 gets a new trailer to celebrate the F1 season finale at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi