Postal linked to Russian stabbings
You may have heard in recent days the shocking news of an attack which occurred in a Moscow synagogue, where an armed man entered the place of worship in a presumed rage, attacking uncontrollably the shocked worshippers, injuring eight people, four seriously. The attack occurred at 5.30pm on Wednesday evening, only ceasing when 20 year old Alexander Koptsev was wrestled to the ground by an onlooker. Nazi-related attacks on Moscow synagogues have been an increasing problem in recent years, according to news from the BBC. There could yet be another twist in this horrendous tale, the attacker's father drawing the world's attention to Koptsev's videogame preference: the controversial Postal. Speaking to the Russian news agency, the boy's father explained: "My son has never been a member of any religious or political organisation. I think that he could see all those Nazis, extremists and skinheads only on TV." On Postal, and other potentially 'influential' games, his shocked father added that he "Was playing computer games a lot. It is not ruled out that the man has committed the crime in the state of temporary insanity because of the games."
The twenty-year old was also said to be reading a book which may also be directly linked to the vicious attack, something the boy's father noted, and questioned him on prior to the attack: "He answered that the book was about Jews and how they sold Russia. He did not want to talk about the book with me."
Postal has been banned in countries including New Zealand, Korea and Australia, but is now available for download online via a deal with Softwrap. Developer Running with Scissors has come under increasing fire in recent years owing to the content and context of their controversy-bating titles. More as we get it.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year