Alienware's Steam Machine can be upgraded
Alienware has corrected reports from this week suggesting that their Steam Machine could not be upgraded.
GM of the gaming PC builders Frank Azor stated that upgradability has always been part of the company's philosophy and the Steam Machines will be upgradable, just nowhere near as easily as their other PC products.
"Enabling customers the opportunity to upgrade components has been a core tenet for Alienware since the company was founded,” Azor explained, “and that remains true today. The Alienware Steam Machine, announced at CES, is designed to deliver a great gaming experience in the living room and we will enable customers to upgrade components."
He went on, "Considering we've purposefully designed the Alienware Steam Machine to be smaller than the latest generation consoles, upgrading the internal components will not be as easy as compared to other platforms, such as the Alienware X51, but we will not prevent a customer from upgrading."
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15
- Blizzard begins rolling out a new patch for Starcraft II
- Far Cry 4 Season Pass details announced
- Shinji Mikami: I never use women as objects in my games
- Microsoft releases the first trailer for Halo: Nightfall TV series, first episode to premiere at Halo Fanfest
- Silence – The Whispered World 2 announced for Xbox One
- Titanfall to get its very own Horde mode called Frontier Defense
- John Riccitiello joins Unity as their new CEO