Alienware's Steam Machine can be upgraded
Alienware has corrected reports from this week suggesting that their Steam Machine could not be upgraded.
GM of the gaming PC builders Frank Azor stated that upgradability has always been part of the company's philosophy and the Steam Machines will be upgradable, just nowhere near as easily as their other PC products.
"Enabling customers the opportunity to upgrade components has been a core tenet for Alienware since the company was founded,” Azor explained, “and that remains true today. The Alienware Steam Machine, announced at CES, is designed to deliver a great gaming experience in the living room and we will enable customers to upgrade components."
He went on, "Considering we've purposefully designed the Alienware Steam Machine to be smaller than the latest generation consoles, upgrading the internal components will not be as easy as compared to other platforms, such as the Alienware X51, but we will not prevent a customer from upgrading."
- Ultra Street Fighter IV coming to PS4 at the end of May
- Ubisoft to publish Homeworld Remastered Collection at retail next month
- Journey, Flower and FlOw heading to the PS4 in a retail package
- Phil Harrison's departure from Microsoft has been confirmed
- Here's the first look at Star Wars: Battlefront
- Project CARS will feature 110 courses across over 30 iconic locations
- Gratuitous Space Battles 2 arrives today
- First Star Wars: Battlefront details arrive including a release date
- The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt's release date is now set in stone