Alienware's Steam Machine can be upgraded
Alienware has corrected reports from this week suggesting that their Steam Machine could not be upgraded.
GM of the gaming PC builders Frank Azor stated that upgradability has always been part of the company's philosophy and the Steam Machines will be upgradable, just nowhere near as easily as their other PC products.
"Enabling customers the opportunity to upgrade components has been a core tenet for Alienware since the company was founded,” Azor explained, “and that remains true today. The Alienware Steam Machine, announced at CES, is designed to deliver a great gaming experience in the living room and we will enable customers to upgrade components."
He went on, "Considering we've purposefully designed the Alienware Steam Machine to be smaller than the latest generation consoles, upgrading the internal components will not be as easy as compared to other platforms, such as the Alienware X51, but we will not prevent a customer from upgrading."
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III