DayZ creator wants to make 'ultimate' survival game once DayZ is finished
Dean 'Rocket' Hall has spoken on his ambitions once he has completed work of the standalone version of DayZ.
One of his ambitions is to set up his own studio with extensive support for new development talent and go about creating the “'ultimate' virtual world survival game”.
He told fans in a new AMA session on Reddit his ambitions were, “Setting up my own studio, working with really creative people, funding recent uni grads to make their own crazy games, trying to make the 'ultimate' virtual world survival game.”
Hall also wouldn't mind continuing to explore the planet. Conquering Everest last year has spurred him on to consider expeditions to climb more in New Zealand, K2 and even visit space.
"I wish I could spend my life learning about the universe. I love just reading about things and watching documentaries. I love seeing science things in person too. That's why I want to go into space," Hall added in response to a later question.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3