UT2007 'not' a PS3 launch title
Unreal Tournament 2007, linked in news speculation before Christmas with a role as a PS3 launch title, will be nothing of the sort, Epic Games producer Jeff Morris has stated, responding to news originating from a US Playstation magazine. The PC will be getting the game first, as with all previous outings in the graphically rich multiplayer series. UT2007 was previously linked to the PS3 debut, currently expected in the spring, seemingly because it too is likely to be finished as the cherry blossom begins appearing on the trees.
"We're not scheduled to be a PS33 launch title, not certain where those news sites are getting that from,” Morris stated on Atari's community forums, which seems to be put pay to that rumour, even if there could be some kind of coincidental nearness in the respective products' launch dates. In fact, even this seems unlikely, as many are only predicting a PS3 launch in Japan this spring, with the rest of the world taking some time to catch-up.
Morris did add that a demo of UT2007 prior to the PC debut will be launched, so perhaps we should all cease this idle gossip, sit back, and look forward to that.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side