Tomb Raider hit profitability by the end of 2013
Crystal Dynamics has revealed that their impressive Tomb Raider reboot did manage to reach profitability by the end of 2013.
Tomb Raider's commercial performance had disappointed Square Enix initially along with that of United Front's Sleeping Dogs and IO Interactive's Hitman: Absolution but all three have now managed to earn confirmed sequels.
Executive producer for Tomb Raider Scott Amos told Eurogamer, "By the end of last year - Tomb Raider is in the black. We've crossed the line of profitability for the last-gen and PC versions."
Tomb Raider should continue to blossom as well with the Xbox One and PS4 versions of the game due to arrive at the end of this month.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III