Tomb Raider hit profitability by the end of 2013
Crystal Dynamics has revealed that their impressive Tomb Raider reboot did manage to reach profitability by the end of 2013.
Tomb Raider's commercial performance had disappointed Square Enix initially along with that of United Front's Sleeping Dogs and IO Interactive's Hitman: Absolution but all three have now managed to earn confirmed sequels.
Executive producer for Tomb Raider Scott Amos told Eurogamer, "By the end of last year - Tomb Raider is in the black. We've crossed the line of profitability for the last-gen and PC versions."
Tomb Raider should continue to blossom as well with the Xbox One and PS4 versions of the game due to arrive at the end of this month.
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent
- New video gives a sneak peek at Destiny's first DLC The Dark Below
- Sony claims “no evidence” of a breach after hacker group claims to have leaked PSN account details online
- Activision using copyright strikes to remove Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare glitch videos from YouTube
- Steam Thanksgiving Sale to begin later this week
- Irrational Games seems to be hiring again
- Gorgeous Xbox One metroidvania adventure Ori And The Blind Forest delayed into next year
- Crytek bringing the action fo Warface to Siberia
- Warner Bros releases brand new Batman: Arkham Knight gameplay footage