Tomb Raider hit profitability by the end of 2013
Crystal Dynamics has revealed that their impressive Tomb Raider reboot did manage to reach profitability by the end of 2013.
Tomb Raider's commercial performance had disappointed Square Enix initially along with that of United Front's Sleeping Dogs and IO Interactive's Hitman: Absolution but all three have now managed to earn confirmed sequels.
Executive producer for Tomb Raider Scott Amos told Eurogamer, "By the end of last year - Tomb Raider is in the black. We've crossed the line of profitability for the last-gen and PC versions."
Tomb Raider should continue to blossom as well with the Xbox One and PS4 versions of the game due to arrive at the end of this month.
- FIFA 16 will throw women's teams into the mix
- New The Elder Scrolls Online trailer shows off the expansive world of Tamriel
- Batman: Arkham Knight gets a new 7-minute gameplay trailer
- Wildstar to go free-to-play later this year
- AMD highlights the benefits DirectX 12 will offer their users
- It could be 2 years before CD Projekt RED talks about Cyberpunk 2077 again
- PS4 remaster of Darksiders II appears on Amazon
- Metal Gear Solid: Ground Zeroes comes to PS Plus next month
- Wii U version of Project CARS may not be released