Tomb Raider hit profitability by the end of 2013
Crystal Dynamics has revealed that their impressive Tomb Raider reboot did manage to reach profitability by the end of 2013.
Tomb Raider's commercial performance had disappointed Square Enix initially along with that of United Front's Sleeping Dogs and IO Interactive's Hitman: Absolution but all three have now managed to earn confirmed sequels.
Executive producer for Tomb Raider Scott Amos told Eurogamer, "By the end of last year - Tomb Raider is in the black. We've crossed the line of profitability for the last-gen and PC versions."
Tomb Raider should continue to blossom as well with the Xbox One and PS4 versions of the game due to arrive at the end of this month.
- Classic PC survival horror series returns with Alone In The Dark: Illumination
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 confirmed with a concept trailer
- Xbox One owners, Destiny wants to eat your hard drive
- Saints Row IV modding tools released for PC
- Volition's Steve Jaros: Sarkeesian was right to call out Saints Row
- Playable Silent Hill teaser P.T. downloaded 1 million times
- Blooborne gets a Japanese release date
- Rockstar says no delay to next-gen GTA V, November release date rumoured
- Harmonix announces A City Sleeps, their new music-driven shooter