Major Nelson calls for an end to the 'hate that infects gaming'
Major Nelson has made a pretty magnanimous post-mortem statement about the next-gen console launches.
While the PS4 outsold the Xbox One in 2013 the Xbox One managed to sell more in December in the US according to the latest news from NPD. This means that both platform holders were winners this time around but this hasn't stopped the barbed fanboyism of of the gaming internet with immeasurable volumes of hate spat at both sides.
Major Nelson, also known as Microsoft's Larry Hryb said on Reddit, "Both new platforms are off to a great start. We all should be celebrating a healthy vibrant industry. Sony has done a good job and they should be commended. The hate that infects gaming in the online space needs to go away."
It's really nice to hear someone from one of the major platform holders talking like that now and it needed to be said. Whether or not the raging population of fanboys out there will take notice is another story entirely though.
Thanks The Escapist.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3