Bethesda hiring for the 'bleeding edge' of next-gen RPGs
While Bethesda is yet to announce what they have coming next after abandoning development on Skyrim for their next big thing they are hiring staff, which is usually a good sign.
They are looking for a programmer to work on the team pushing the bleeding-edge of RPG development for the PC and consoles" which sounds all very exciting but needlessly cryptic.
They are also looking for a quest designer and a level designer with experience of either The Elder Scrolls Construction Kit or GECK (Garden of Eden Creation Kit used to build the Fallout games). Final vacancy is for an executive producer with "comprehensive knowledge of Action/Adventure/Shooter product genres".
This last one is the real kicker because it would seem to indicate that Bethesda are crewing up for a new Fallout title rather than Skyrim's successor.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3