Broken Age easter egg allows you to play in retro visuals mode
Double Fine has inserted an easter egg that allows players to play Broken Age with 'retro' visuals.
The visual mode harks back to the games that Tim Schafer worked on at LucasArts back in the day like Monkey Island 2 with 256-colour VGA and screen resolutions of 640x480.
To be honest it does look pretty cool from the perspective of someone who grew up on games like Monkey Island and Day Of The Tentacle (me included) but it probably would mean playing the game using a lot more mouse sweeping that you'd like to.
One kind Youtuber called The Phawx has posted a short instructional video on how to find and enable the retro mode which you can watch above.
- Warren Spector lifts the lid on Junction Point's cancelled Half-Life 2 episode
- Ubisoft pledges to match up to 100,000 CAD of donations to aid Far Cry 4's inspiration Nepal recover from the earthquake
- Square Enix shows off their new DirectX 12-powered Luminous Studio engine
- Overkill's The Walking Dead game coming to PC and consoles next year
- Sony to release The Last Of Us DLC Left Behind as a standalone downloadable
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer was a bit violent for Warren Spector's tastes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC to arrive on Xbox 360 and PlayStation consoles this month
- EA gives a date and time for their 2015 E3 press conference
- Frozen Cortex gets a large free update