Broken Age easter egg allows you to play in retro visuals mode
Double Fine has inserted an easter egg that allows players to play Broken Age with 'retro' visuals.
The visual mode harks back to the games that Tim Schafer worked on at LucasArts back in the day like Monkey Island 2 with 256-colour VGA and screen resolutions of 640x480.
To be honest it does look pretty cool from the perspective of someone who grew up on games like Monkey Island and Day Of The Tentacle (me included) but it probably would mean playing the game using a lot more mouse sweeping that you'd like to.
One kind Youtuber called The Phawx has posted a short instructional video on how to find and enable the retro mode which you can watch above.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3