Broken Age easter egg allows you to play in retro visuals mode
Double Fine has inserted an easter egg that allows players to play Broken Age with 'retro' visuals.
The visual mode harks back to the games that Tim Schafer worked on at LucasArts back in the day like Monkey Island 2 with 256-colour VGA and screen resolutions of 640x480.
To be honest it does look pretty cool from the perspective of someone who grew up on games like Monkey Island and Day Of The Tentacle (me included) but it probably would mean playing the game using a lot more mouse sweeping that you'd like to.
One kind Youtuber called The Phawx has posted a short instructional video on how to find and enable the retro mode which you can watch above.
- Trine series sells 7 million copies, Frozenbyte releases user-creation tools
- Lots of teary-eyed gamers as more Star Wars: Battlefront 3 gameplay footage leaks out
- Jade Raymond leaves Ubisoft Toronto to pursue new opportunities
- Ryse: Son Of Rome scores Best Game Design award at the Animago Awards in Germany
- Activision releases the launch trailer for Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare a little early
- Rockstar won't be holding a beta for GTA Online on the PC
- UK to toughen up laws on internet harassment
- Final Fantasy XIV Heavensward expansion announced for release next year, first screenshots released
- Driveclub issues persist as players report trouble downloading the latest patch