Valve backs the Oculus Rift instead of making their own VR headset
There was speculation as to what Valve had up its sleeves in the virtual reality stakes after it put more emphasis on VR in their Steam Dev Days seminars.
As it turns out, rather than making their own, which would probably be awesome, they've turned to the Oculus Rift - which is definitely awesome - as their VR headset of choice.
Valve believes that “The PC will be a hotbed for VR” and it would seem that they are hoping to be at the centre of it with the release of the SteamVR beta this week and their support of the Oculus Rift.
- Final Fantasy XIV's first expansion Heavensward will launch in June
- Sony gives the full PS Plus line-up for April
- Before The Fall patch arrives for Final Fantasy XIV today
- Evolve's first load of DLC arrives today for Xbox One
- Lords Of The Fallen exec producer confirms a sequel is in production
- Pacman takes over Google Maps
- Techland warns of contaminated Antizin hitting Dying Light tomorrow
- Speedrunner beats Bloodborne in just 44 minutes
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May