Valve backs the Oculus Rift instead of making their own VR headset
There was speculation as to what Valve had up its sleeves in the virtual reality stakes after it put more emphasis on VR in their Steam Dev Days seminars.
As it turns out, rather than making their own, which would probably be awesome, they've turned to the Oculus Rift - which is definitely awesome - as their VR headset of choice.
Valve believes that “The PC will be a hotbed for VR” and it would seem that they are hoping to be at the centre of it with the release of the SteamVR beta this week and their support of the Oculus Rift.
- The Iron Banner returns to Destiny next week
- Jason Voorhees DLC coming to Mortal Kombat X next month
- Square Enix announces their own E3 press conference
- Avalanche to reveal Just Cause 3's gameplay next week
- EA Sports Rory McIlroy PGA Tour delayed a touch
- Telltale announces a new deal with Marvel
- Sanctuary update arrives for Warframe on consoles
- Call Of Duty: Black Ops III gets another teaser trailer
- Patrice Desilets unveils his new game Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey