Valve backs the Oculus Rift instead of making their own VR headset
There was speculation as to what Valve had up its sleeves in the virtual reality stakes after it put more emphasis on VR in their Steam Dev Days seminars.
As it turns out, rather than making their own, which would probably be awesome, they've turned to the Oculus Rift - which is definitely awesome - as their VR headset of choice.
Valve believes that “The PC will be a hotbed for VR” and it would seem that they are hoping to be at the centre of it with the release of the SteamVR beta this week and their support of the Oculus Rift.
- Resident Evil: Revelations 2 may be coming to the PS Vita
- Destiny gets its first raid today, the Vault Of Glass
- Assassin's Creed: Unity co-op trailer arrives
- Lukewarm Destiny reviews could cost Bungie 2.5 million USD
- Borderlands multiplayer comes back to life on Steam
- Saints Row creative director Steve Jaros announces he's off to join Valve
- We want to rebuild a player-first culture says EA CEO Andrew Wilson
- WWE 2K15 gets delayed on next-gen
- Playground to add eight new cars to Forza Horizon 2 on launch day, VIP and Car pass details announced