Valve backs the Oculus Rift instead of making their own VR headset
There was speculation as to what Valve had up its sleeves in the virtual reality stakes after it put more emphasis on VR in their Steam Dev Days seminars.
As it turns out, rather than making their own, which would probably be awesome, they've turned to the Oculus Rift - which is definitely awesome - as their VR headset of choice.
Valve believes that “The PC will be a hotbed for VR” and it would seem that they are hoping to be at the centre of it with the release of the SteamVR beta this week and their support of the Oculus Rift.
- Far Cry 4 is all about player choice, has five endings
- Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC system specifications announced
- Evolution adds more multiplayer events to Driveclub as they continue to work on the game's server issues
- Rockstar announces a San Andreas 10th Anniversary event this weekend for GTA Online
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round gets a release date
- Unfinished Swan to hit the PS4 and PS Vita next week
- Gamersgate.com CEO emphasizes that they have nothing to do with #Gamergate
- Microsoft announces the feature list for the November Xbox One update
- EA Sports patches in some more missing features for the next-gen versions of NHL 15