Valve backs the Oculus Rift instead of making their own VR headset
There was speculation as to what Valve had up its sleeves in the virtual reality stakes after it put more emphasis on VR in their Steam Dev Days seminars.
As it turns out, rather than making their own, which would probably be awesome, they've turned to the Oculus Rift - which is definitely awesome - as their VR headset of choice.
Valve believes that “The PC will be a hotbed for VR” and it would seem that they are hoping to be at the centre of it with the release of the SteamVR beta this week and their support of the Oculus Rift.
- Thomas Was Alone gets a release date for PS4 and Wii U
- New Warframe update adds space-flight to the gameplay with Archwing mode
- New poll indicates that people believe online gaming is “the least welcoming space” for women
- CD Projekt RED releases The Trail, the opening cinematic from The Witcher 3
- New Project CARS trailer pulls up to the starting grid
- Far Cry 4 dev says linear games will suffer in the new world of gameplay video sharing
- Almost 1,100 developers, students and journalists sign the new #gamediversity petition embracing diversity in games
- Felicia Day breaks her silence about #Gamergate, is almost immediately doxxed
- Ubisoft announces PC specs for Assassin's Creed: Unity and they're killer