Arthur and the Minimoys game revealed
Luc Besson's latest film, an animated epic called Arthur and the Minimoys, will be receiving a game tie-in from Atari, the publisher revealed this week. The film is due out at the end of 2006, and apparently the multiplatform game will be ready at the same time. To ensure authenticity and high standards, Atari are working alongside the film all the way, creating a game that compliments and relates well to the motion picture itself. Arthur and the Minimoys is actually a series of books penned by Besson himself, and is all about some little creatures that stand mere millimetres high. Besson's apparently shifted nearly a million copies of the books in France, and the film will benefit from an 85 million USD budget - a princely sum for an animated feature.
Arthur, Selenia and Betameche are the young star's of Besson's story, on an adventure to save the world of the Minimoys. "When you make a children's film, your primary intent is to introduce kids to a new world that is both fantastic and exciting," enthused director Besson. "Atari's videogame will keep the film's adventure alive by allowing players to step into the characters' shoes to explore and try to save the world of the Minimoys."
"By working with the film crew from day one, not only have we stayed extremely faithful to the film, but we have also developed parallel adventures specifically for the game, which should be popular with the public," affirmed Atari boss Bruno Bonnell.
We'll keep you posted on this interesting project as we learn more.
- Hearthstone win-traders will be permanently banned says Blizzard
- Evolve Big Alpha delayed on PS4 due to issues with system update 2.0
- Your PC will need this much power under the hood to play The Crew
- LittleBigPlanet 3 will be fully backwards-compatible
- PS4 sales soar past the 13.5 million mark
- Resogun is coming to the PS Vita
- Smaller, cooler Xbox One processor in the works
- Prey 2 finally gets officially canned
- SEGA confirms the rumoured PC version Valkyria Chronicles, gives a release date