Postal 3 en route
It's one thing making a controversial game that defies the Mary Whitehouse brigade by actually being a sophisticated and entertaining piece of adult entertainment, it's quite another to tap into a real-life event and recycle the worst elements of a genre to catastrophically bad effect, then attack those criticising the game as moralists missing the point entirely. And then there's Postal 3, which was announced by developer Running with Scissors yesterday.
Postal 2 was recently released for download online, and the controversial shooter, based on the real-world massacre of American postal workers at the hands of an insane colleague, will be getting a sequel on the PC and Xbox 360, the developers have revealed. A new film, directed (but of course) by Uwe Boll will be out in 2007 as well, and the new game may be released in coincide with this new flick. Moral dubiety aside (we'll leave that for Thompson and the Daily Mail), what RWS really need to do is make their next project a good game, perhaps something designed to entertain, rather than merely titillate a select minority with 'train-wreck' controversy-courting.
We'll keep you posted as the new game nears. Oh, and number three will be called Postal 3: Catharsis. Lovely.
- New Destiny trailer teases interesting new stuff coming with The Dark Below
- Geometry Wars 3 hits PC today, consoles tomorrow
- Retail listing for ZombiU 2 spotted
- 343 admits last week's Halo: The Master Chief Collection patch didn't work as well as they'd hoped, promises to keep working
- Dark Souls II is heading to PS4, Xbox One and DirectX 11 PC next year
- Square Enix boss promises a brand new console RPG reveal next month
- Ubisoft reveals there will be no release day reviews for The Crew
- Surprise! Tales From The Borderlands episode one is out today
- StarCraft 2 pro-player expelled from Fragbite Masters tournament for Twitter rape comment about a female opponent