Microsoft offered Youtubers bonuses for positive mentions of Xbox One
News of a supposedly secret new promotion Microsoft are offering to Machinima video partners has leaked onto the internet.
The offer provides Youtubers a bonus 3 USD per thousand views for showing Xbox One game footage within the first two minutes of their videos along with a verbal statement that it is Xbox One gameplay footage.
The agreement also stipulated, "You may not say anything negative or disparaging about Machinima, Xbox One or any of its games in your campaign video." The full text of the agreement is available over on Pastebin.
News of the deal was leaked by Machinima's UK community manager on Twitter (message now deleted) which said, “Check your emails now guys for 'Earn an additional $3 CPM bonus for promoting Xbox One!”. It's the easiest/best promo we've ever done!”
Machinima's private activity feed on Poptent states that the offer has ended as of the 17th of January so it looks like the 1.25 million views limit has already been reached. As it stands there are 431 entries on Youtube bearing the XB1M13 tag.
There is a confidentiality clause in the agreement which could violate US Federal Trade Commission guidelines that requires that the endorser disclose anything that may “materially affect the weight or credibility of the endorsement (i.e., the connection is not reasonably expected by the audience)”.
Neither Microsoft or Machinima have chosen to comment on the matter at the time of posting.
Thanks Ars Technica.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today