Microsoft offered Youtubers bonuses for positive mentions of Xbox One
News of a supposedly secret new promotion Microsoft are offering to Machinima video partners has leaked onto the internet.
The offer provides Youtubers a bonus 3 USD per thousand views for showing Xbox One game footage within the first two minutes of their videos along with a verbal statement that it is Xbox One gameplay footage.
The agreement also stipulated, "You may not say anything negative or disparaging about Machinima, Xbox One or any of its games in your campaign video." The full text of the agreement is available over on Pastebin.
News of the deal was leaked by Machinima's UK community manager on Twitter (message now deleted) which said, “Check your emails now guys for 'Earn an additional $3 CPM bonus for promoting Xbox One!”. It's the easiest/best promo we've ever done!”
Machinima's private activity feed on Poptent states that the offer has ended as of the 17th of January so it looks like the 1.25 million views limit has already been reached. As it stands there are 431 entries on Youtube bearing the XB1M13 tag.
There is a confidentiality clause in the agreement which could violate US Federal Trade Commission guidelines that requires that the endorser disclose anything that may “materially affect the weight or credibility of the endorsement (i.e., the connection is not reasonably expected by the audience)”.
Neither Microsoft or Machinima have chosen to comment on the matter at the time of posting.
Thanks Ars Technica.
- CD Projekt RED releases some concept art for Triss and Emhyr from The Witcher 3
- 2K announces the new MyCareer mode for WWE 2K15
- Microsoft skips 9 and goes straight to announcing Windows 10
- Luis Suarez' ban extends into FIFA 15 as well
- Creative Assembly revives the multiplayer for Rome: Total War – Alexander on Steam
- Shadow Of Mordor launch trailer makes the game look suitably epic
- Minecraft for PS Vita heads into final testing
- PlayStation Home to close next year
- New The Evil Within video offers up a survival lesson