Creative Assembly launches the Total War: Rome II Assembly Kit in beta on Steam
Attention all modders, Total War: Rome II is now open for business for anyone wanting to create anything they please.
Creative Assembly has launched a beta version of the Total War: Rome II Assembly Kit opening finally up the game to modders.
The Assembly Kit comes packaged with a load of example data from naval vessels and soldiers to animation data and the complete Rome II database. The kit also enables modders to upload their completed mods to the Steam Workshop to share amongst the community.
In the past Total War games have attracted interesting mods based on Lord Of The Rings and, more recently Westeros so who knows what will turn up this time.
They've also posted some early documentation and instructions for the Assembly Kit over on the Total War Wiki. Good luck and enjoy.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3