Minecraft breaks the million sales mark on PS3
Minecraft has now managed to sell one million copies on the PS3.
It took a while for the game to come to a Sony platform but PS3 gamers have welcomed Mojang's phenomenon as heartily as Xbox 360 and PC gamers before them.
Mojang's Daniel Kaplan told GamesIndustry.biz, "Minecraft on PS3 recently sold over 1 million copies (that has to be some kind of record on PSN, no?). It is crazy considering the game was released just before Christmas last year. We are super grateful for the support and we are very thankful for your dedication."
Minecraft has already sold almost 14 million on the PC and 10 million on the Xbox 360 and 4J Studios, the team behind the console ports also has versions for the PS Vita, PS4 and Xbox One on the way too.
- EA closes Maxis Emeryville
- Pillars Of Eternity is going to be massive
- Frontier is bringing Elite: Dangerous to the Xbox One this year
- Xbox One snags Wasteland 2
- Valve settles on a final design for the Steam Controller
- Elite creator David Braben to be honoured with this year's BAFTA Fellowship
- The date's out but Konami reveals the Collector's Edition of Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain
- New Steam Link hardware unveiled by Valve, Steam Controllers dated
- Valve announces the Source 2 engine