Minecraft breaks the million sales mark on PS3
Minecraft has now managed to sell one million copies on the PS3.
It took a while for the game to come to a Sony platform but PS3 gamers have welcomed Mojang's phenomenon as heartily as Xbox 360 and PC gamers before them.
Mojang's Daniel Kaplan told GamesIndustry.biz, "Minecraft on PS3 recently sold over 1 million copies (that has to be some kind of record on PSN, no?). It is crazy considering the game was released just before Christmas last year. We are super grateful for the support and we are very thankful for your dedication."
Minecraft has already sold almost 14 million on the PC and 10 million on the Xbox 360 and 4J Studios, the team behind the console ports also has versions for the PS Vita, PS4 and Xbox One on the way too.
- Next week's Destiny events detailed
- Swery65's D4: Dark Dreams Don't Die is out now on Xbox One
- Silent Hills could be an episodic title
- Thomas Was Alone is making the jump to the PS4
- Destiny helps give the PS4 a 300 percent sales kick
- New Yakuza 0 trailer shows off 1980s Japan
- Bloodborne's Western release date has been confirmed
- Classic WWII RTS action returns with Blitzkrieg 3
- Tetsuya Nomura leaves Final Fantasy XV to concentrate of Kingdom Hearts III