Minecraft breaks the million sales mark on PS3
Minecraft has now managed to sell one million copies on the PS3.
It took a while for the game to come to a Sony platform but PS3 gamers have welcomed Mojang's phenomenon as heartily as Xbox 360 and PC gamers before them.
Mojang's Daniel Kaplan told GamesIndustry.biz, "Minecraft on PS3 recently sold over 1 million copies (that has to be some kind of record on PSN, no?). It is crazy considering the game was released just before Christmas last year. We are super grateful for the support and we are very thankful for your dedication."
Minecraft has already sold almost 14 million on the PC and 10 million on the Xbox 360 and 4J Studios, the team behind the console ports also has versions for the PS Vita, PS4 and Xbox One on the way too.
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday
- Warframe update 14 hits PS4 as it closes in on 10 million registered users