Minecraft breaks the million sales mark on PS3
Minecraft has now managed to sell one million copies on the PS3.
It took a while for the game to come to a Sony platform but PS3 gamers have welcomed Mojang's phenomenon as heartily as Xbox 360 and PC gamers before them.
Mojang's Daniel Kaplan told GamesIndustry.biz, "Minecraft on PS3 recently sold over 1 million copies (that has to be some kind of record on PSN, no?). It is crazy considering the game was released just before Christmas last year. We are super grateful for the support and we are very thankful for your dedication."
Minecraft has already sold almost 14 million on the PC and 10 million on the Xbox 360 and 4J Studios, the team behind the console ports also has versions for the PS Vita, PS4 and Xbox One on the way too.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year