Minecraft breaks the million sales mark on PS3
Minecraft has now managed to sell one million copies on the PS3.
It took a while for the game to come to a Sony platform but PS3 gamers have welcomed Mojang's phenomenon as heartily as Xbox 360 and PC gamers before them.
Mojang's Daniel Kaplan told GamesIndustry.biz, "Minecraft on PS3 recently sold over 1 million copies (that has to be some kind of record on PSN, no?). It is crazy considering the game was released just before Christmas last year. We are super grateful for the support and we are very thankful for your dedication."
Minecraft has already sold almost 14 million on the PC and 10 million on the Xbox 360 and 4J Studios, the team behind the console ports also has versions for the PS Vita, PS4 and Xbox One on the way too.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition's Jaws Of Hakkon DLC not out on remaining platforms till May
- Pillars Of Eternity community debating the validity of an in-game trans joke
- Warner Bros teams up with ESL for a programme of pro-Mortal Kombat X tournaments this year
- New Rainbow Six: Siege trailer explains the operator system
- UK headteachers threaten to report parents who let their children play adult-rated games
- Spotify hits the PS4 and PS3 today
- Halo 5: Guardians coming to the Xbox One in October
- The next episode of Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's Exo Zombies get s new trailer
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold