Dare To Be Digital now accepting entries for 2014
Britain's most high-profile development competition, Dare To Be Digital is now accepting applications for this year.
The competiton, which is run by The University Of Abertay in Dundee is partnered with BAFTA and the finalists get nominated for the BAFTA One's To Watch Award.
“In eight weeks we see students absolutely transformed by Dare to be Digital,” said Prof Louis Natanson, head of games education at Abertay. “There’s no question that it’s a really tough challenge, but building a completely new game as part of a small team then showcasing it to thousands of people is a unique experience – and one that can massively help you prepare to be a professional game developer.”
For more information on the competition and to submit an entry head over to the Dare To Be Digital website. Applications close on Monday the 21st of April at 9am.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3