Rockstar removing counterfeit cash from the GTA Online economy
Rockstar has put down a fairly stern marker to those that want to cheat in GTA Online.
In recent weeks players have found a way to essentially counterfeit cash within the game flooding the game's economy with ridiculous amounts of currency. While the game encourages players to be crooked there's a line and counterfeiting game currency is spoiling the game's natural flow.
Rockstar stated on the Rockstar Newswire, “we are removing the counterfeit GTA$ from the game's economy. Anyone that innocently received GTA$ as a result of these exploits but did not engage in cheating to acquire it will not face any further action - the funds will just be removed , and you'll be able to keep any items you currently own.”
“Those who actively engaged in cheating and exploiting the game in this manner will, however, be subject to in-game penalties at our discretion. This may include being placed in isolated cheater pools or banned from GTA Online altogether,” they emphasized.
GTA Online should be back up buy the end of the day.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3