[UPDATE] Is a Crackdown 3 announcement incoming?
[Update] Whatever it is that Microsoft are announcing tomorrow it's probably not going to be Crackdown 3 as Ruffian has made their announcement and it's a bonkers Scottish-themed strategy project called Game Of Glens (see the video inset).
It seems that both Microsoft and Crackdown 2 developer Ruffian Games are preparing to make some sort of announcement.
[Original Story] Microsoft's Phil Spencer and Larry 'Major Nelson' Hryb both indicated on Twitter that there will be an announcement early tomorrow (US early though, so early afternoon for us Europeans!) of some sort.
Spencer wrote, “Personally going to be a good day tomorrow, looking forward to a games announce coming early in the morning, fun part of the job.”
“Looks like I’ve got a a busy morning coming up tomorrow :),” Major Nelson added coyly.
Ruffian added fuel to the Crackdown fire by chiming in saying, "Morning! Feels like a good day for announcements doesn't it?"
Crackdown 2 was a bit of a let down but it probably did enough to warrant a sequel. It would be nice to see what possibilities the next-generation hardware of the Xbox One will open up for the series though. Whatever it is we'll find out tomorrow. Stay tuned people.
Thanks Digital Spy.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3