Hollywood talent for King Kong
The characters in Ubisoft's King Kong will be voiced by their silver-screen counterparts, publisher Ubisoft have revealed a day ahead of the game's European debut. Naomi Watts, Adrien Brody and Jack Black have all recorded exclusively for the Michel Ancel developed game, which has featured heavily the input of director Peter Jackson, a fan of Ancel's previous works. The likenesses of both Watts and Black will also be used in the game, too, and the voice sessions were conducted under the supervision of Philippa Boyens, co-writer of both the film and the game script. Certainly higher production values than normal look like being a trait of this imminent release, given its unusually close links with its big-screen counterpart.
Other King Kong stars including Jamie Bell, Colin Hanks, Thomas Kretschmann, Evan Parke and Andy Serkis also play their parts in the videogame, with Ancel enthusing: "The actors' full integration into the videogame with voice-over and likeness adds yet another layer of fidelity and highlights the close collaboration between Ubisoft's Montpellier studio and Peter Jackson's team. It's been great working with each of these gifted actors from the King Kong motion picture and we appreciate their dedicated, exclusive performances for the videogame."
"We want the movie and the videogame to be a shared experience, so having the voices and likenesses of the actors is very important," beamed Lord of the Rings director Jackson. "Another great aspect of the collaboration is the absolute enthusiasm that the cast has shown for the game. Jack Black loves seeing himself running around the jungles of Skull Island and it's fun watching him actually play the game."
"I'm really excited my likeness will be used in the videogame. I've always wanted to be in a videogame, it's kind of a dream come true," enthused Jack Black, adding "While it's strictly my voice, I'm still acting and using all of my skills as an artist. I went full blast for this videogame."
More on this game very soon.
- Microsoft doubles down for April's Games With Gold
- Every wondered what it would be like in James Bond and Joanna Dark met? Cara Ellison and Irene Koh have answered that question
- Dirty Bomb beta is back online
- Obsidian's saviour Pillars Of Eternity launches today, Watch it streamed live here later today
- Infinite Crisis launches fully today on Steam
- Here's what the new Hunters and the Behemoth for Evolve look like in action
- Blood and Burning and Celts Culture DLC Packs arrive for Total War: Attila
- F1 2015 coming to PC, PS4 and Xbox One this summer, first screenshots released
- Ubisoft introduces Alex Parizeau, the new head of Ubisoft Toronto