Ridge Racer makes US launch
Ridge Racer 6 will be out in time for the North American debut of the Xbox 360 on November 22nd, developer Namco has revealed. The game officially 'went gold' late yesterday, according to an official statement, but won't be converted to PAL format in time for a release in Europe on December 2nd. The European release of Namco's latest racer, a coup for the Xbox 360, will follow in subsequent weeks we're told. "Players looking for a game to showcase the raw power and gaming functionality of their brand new Xbox 360 should look no further than Ridge Racer 6," Namco Hometek boss Yoshi Niki enthused.
Hopefully Namco didn't have to rush the new racer too hard in the closing laps, though we can imagine Microsoft were eager to get this one out the door for the debut, given the Ridge Racer series' previous affinity with Sony platforms. With the new Project Gotham and a new Need for Speed game also out in anticipation of the launch, Ridge Racer 6 is certainly in for some competition, even if it is the first time the series has gone online. Badly luck, PAL gamers, hopefully a conversion will cross the finish line in the not too distant future.
More as we get it in the meantime.
- Fahrenheit remaster arrives on PC and iOS
- Feminist Frequency planning two new series for 2015
- Other Ocean's #IDARB and Brothers: A Tale Of Two Sons heading to Xbox Live's Games With Gold next month
- Cupcakes unveiled by The Behemoth as a new unit in Game 4
- Battlefield: Hardline developer diary arrives, promises beta date tomorrow
- Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn gets a free-login weekend beginning Friday
- Sony dropping the Maps and YouTube apps from the PS Vita
- Unidentified Russian believed to responsible for distributing Ubisoft's deleted illegitemate game keys
- Dragon Age: Inquisition becomes BioWare's best-selling game yet