THQ plan Conan outings
Conan the Barbarian will be gracing various shapes and sizes of small-screen in the not too distant future, thanks to a brand new licensing deal announced today between Conan Properties and publisher THQ. Most people will remember the famous 1982 film starring Arnie, however the original concept comes from the 1930s and a writer called Robert E. Howard. Apparently, some twelve-million books based on Conan's adventure have been sold globally. Delivering an interactive take on this 'IP' to the masses then, THQ will create a title for the PC, current and next-gen consoles, handheld platforms and even mobile phones. Mighty.
"Combining the epic adventures and stunning environments found throughout the Conan Universe with next-gen video game technology will add a whole new chapter to Conan's rich history," enthused THQ's Germaine Gioia. "The agreement delivers a strong addition to our world class video game portfolio and will provide Conan's huge fan base and gamers worldwide with hours of thrilling entertainment."
Hopefully THQ will at least attempt to deliver something a little more interesting than the usual licensed drivel, though we're not exactly brimming with optimism. Bring on the barbarity, regardless.
- Supremacy, Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare's next DLC coming to Xbox next month with added Bruce Campbell
- 2K launches a teaser for a new title possibly called Advent
- Mad Max gets a new trailer teasing the game's story
- Bethesda purges a load of stolen keys from The Elder Scrolls Online
- Peter Stormare joins the cast of Until Dawn as it gets a release date
- Resident Evil Zero is the next Capcom game to get an HD remaster
- The Executioner DLC arrives for The Evil Within
- NBA 2K16 gets a release date and early-access for pre-orders
- New Overwatch videos show off Hanzo and McCree