Steam VR beta launches
Valve has begun beta-testing the virtual reality-compatible build of Steam.
Steam VR will allow users to interact Steam in Big Picture mode with VR devices such as the super-hyped Oculus Rift headset.
Valve coder Joe Ludwig posted some instructions on how to enable and try out Steam's VR mode on the Steam forums and is now receiving feedback in the same thread.
VR mode is the latest move in Valve's plans to make Steam accessible from as many devices as possible and developers will be getting a bit of advice on how to utilise VR devices at the Steam Dev Days conference that begins behind closed doors today in Seattle.
- Feminist Frequency's Anita Sarkeesian driven out of her home by internet abuse
- Shadow Realms lead writer talks the inspiration behind the game's story
- PlayStation Allstars and Joe Danger headline September's PS Plus Instant Game Collection
- Titanfall will ge more cool free stuff after the last DLC but Respawn won't support it indefinitely
- Gauntlet release date pushed back
- Yakuza Zero announced for PS4 and PS3
- Escape Dead Island gets a release date, comes with guaranteed access to the Dead Island 2 beta
- Diablo III: Reaper Of Souls PC patch 2.1.0 arrives
- Next-gen and PC GTA V versions rumoured to be delayed into 2015