Steam VR beta launches
Valve has begun beta-testing the virtual reality-compatible build of Steam.
Steam VR will allow users to interact Steam in Big Picture mode with VR devices such as the super-hyped Oculus Rift headset.
Valve coder Joe Ludwig posted some instructions on how to enable and try out Steam's VR mode on the Steam forums and is now receiving feedback in the same thread.
VR mode is the latest move in Valve's plans to make Steam accessible from as many devices as possible and developers will be getting a bit of advice on how to utilise VR devices at the Steam Dev Days conference that begins behind closed doors today in Seattle.
- Resident Evil HD remake gets its first trailer
- Capcom working with Dimps on a what is probably Street Fighter V
- New Titanfall update adds Titan-free combat gameplay mode
- OnLive coming to Philips' new range fo Android-powered smart TVs
- Explore the rest of the solar system with Google's Destiny Planet View
- Dead Or Alive 5: Last Round coming to next-gen consoles
- Voting opens up for GamesAid's charity of 2014
- Nintendo promising a good 2015 with Zelda, Star Fox and Splatoon coming to Wii U
- Warframe comes to Xbox One today