Steam VR beta launches
Valve has begun beta-testing the virtual reality-compatible build of Steam.
Steam VR will allow users to interact Steam in Big Picture mode with VR devices such as the super-hyped Oculus Rift headset.
Valve coder Joe Ludwig posted some instructions on how to enable and try out Steam's VR mode on the Steam forums and is now receiving feedback in the same thread.
VR mode is the latest move in Valve's plans to make Steam accessible from as many devices as possible and developers will be getting a bit of advice on how to utilise VR devices at the Steam Dev Days conference that begins behind closed doors today in Seattle.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3