PS3 pricing rumoured
American games site 1UP.com is today reporting a fresh rumour about the pricing of Sony's forthcoming Playstation 3 console. Citing Japanese site CoolGamer, which 1UP.com regard as a highly reliable source, the Japanese site is quoted as stating the "PS3 price [will be] set below 40000 Yen," in a small news update yesterday. That converts to nearly 400 USD at current exchange rates, and is somewhat cheaper than many analysts and even Sony themselves have been hinting at. Of course, the rumour could be nonsense but 1UP are quick to point out that CoolGamer have been spot-on with all previous next-generation news, hence the credibility being afforded this latest report.
CoolGamer is actually citing the latest issue of Famitsu, another well-respected source for gaming facts, stating that "a very important person mentioned that the PS3 price would not be over 40000yen." The PS2 launched for a similar price in Japan, though turned out to be about 100 USD cheaper stateside. This latest news also tallies with previous speculation from Sony, and could therefore prove true come the spring 2006 launch. That said, past Sony actions mean that this is little by way of a guide to system prices elsewhere.
We'll keep you posted.
- The Behemoth teases their fourth game, it will be playable at PAX Prime
- Sins Of A Solar Empire devs Ironclad successfully defends their use word Rebellion in one of their game titles
- Just Cause devs Avalanche have some surprises planned for 2015
- LEGO Batman 3: Beyond Gotham gets a new Braniac trailer
- Sledgehammer boss confirms no Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare for Wii U
- Xbox One getting a Reddit app
- Konami releases a hat-trick of new screens for PES 2015
- 500GB hard drive coming for the Xbox 360 soon
- Watch the standard edition of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt unboxed in 18 seconds flat