PS3 and PS4 gamers get a Battlefield 4 patch today
DICE have patched the PlayStation versions of Battlefield 4 today fixing a host of crucial bugs that have been plaguing the game since launch.
On both consoles DICE has fixed a load of issues including the timing issue that would make blood appear in the player's view before any damage was taken, a bug that would see players dying with one health instead of zero and the delay in the appearance of the friendly marker which would cause players to shoot at teammates.
On PS3 the patch addresses another 12 or so issues including fixing the player rank icons so they update, camera glitches while moving in crouch and the vehicle sound dropping out while driving. Transitioning between first and third-person views has also been smoothed out and handling of the stealth and attack jets have been rebalanced.
On the PS4, flickering minimaps in Rouge Transmission and Operation Locker have been fixed and the bug where players would spawn beneath the map on the Lancang Dam.
Full patch notes are available on the Battlelog website along with updates of future patches and other platforms.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3