Xbox One will not be Microsoft's last home console
Despite the cloud-based potential that Microsoft have built into the Xbox One the new machine will definitely not be their last home console.
Microsoft has invested significant time and resources into building a massive cloud for the Xbox One and SkyDrive to work off of but Phil Spencer still believes that we'll still need a box under the telly for some time to come.
When asked if the Xbox One would be their last console on Twitter Spencer replied, “I don't. I think local compute will be important for a long time."
In fact a lot of developers including EA believe that the next console generation could be on us before 2020.
- Call of Duty: Black Ops III is coming to the PS3 and Xbox 360 after all
- Tomonobu Itagaki's Devil's Third gets a release date
- Adr1ft is coming to PC and consoles at the end of the summer
- EA gives the new Mirror's Edge a name – Mirror's Edge Catalyst
- ZombiU PS4 and Xbox One port reportedly in the works
- Mike Bithell's Volume to be released this August
- Gearbox's new shooter Battleborn gets a pre-E3 trailer
- Steam Controller launches in October, Steam Machines arrive in November
- Gears Of War devs Black Tusk change their name to The Coalition ahead of E3