What is Lionhead hiring staff for?
Some job advertisements for vacant posts at fable creator Lionhead have led to some speculation as to what they are hiring for.
There are two ads, one for a technical director (New Game) and one for a senior services engineer hiring for new titles and neither of which mention Fable Legends which is their currently known Xbox One project.
The technical director candidates require “Prior experience leading a technical team from concept to ship on multiple AAA projects as a Technical Director/ Lead Programmer or Technical Manager” and “Experience working on MMORPGs, Multiplayer games or Action/Adventure titles on Xbox 360, PS3, or PC” and mentions a triple-A first-party production.
The senior services engineer candidates require “proven experience in designing and implementing services for highly concurrent and highly available social online game experiences, ideally in a cloud based environment”.
With the mention of MMO experience in the technical director post and the requirement for experience on social game development for the senior services engineer post it is possible that they are for the same game or at least two interlinked pieces of software.
Neither mention Fable Legends which they don't need to hide since it was revealed at Gamescom last summer so it does prompt the question on what they are working on? Is it another new Fable title or are they attempting to build something completely new and shed the legacy of founder and Fable creator Peter Molyneux?
We'll let you know when we find out more.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side