What is Lionhead hiring staff for?
Some job advertisements for vacant posts at fable creator Lionhead have led to some speculation as to what they are hiring for.
There are two ads, one for a technical director (New Game) and one for a senior services engineer hiring for new titles and neither of which mention Fable Legends which is their currently known Xbox One project.
The technical director candidates require “Prior experience leading a technical team from concept to ship on multiple AAA projects as a Technical Director/ Lead Programmer or Technical Manager” and “Experience working on MMORPGs, Multiplayer games or Action/Adventure titles on Xbox 360, PS3, or PC” and mentions a triple-A first-party production.
The senior services engineer candidates require “proven experience in designing and implementing services for highly concurrent and highly available social online game experiences, ideally in a cloud based environment”.
With the mention of MMO experience in the technical director post and the requirement for experience on social game development for the senior services engineer post it is possible that they are for the same game or at least two interlinked pieces of software.
Neither mention Fable Legends which they don't need to hide since it was revealed at Gamescom last summer so it does prompt the question on what they are working on? Is it another new Fable title or are they attempting to build something completely new and shed the legacy of founder and Fable creator Peter Molyneux?
We'll let you know when we find out more.
- The PS4 is just a bit more powerful says Metro Redux developer, short documentary on the collection arrives
- Saints Row devs, Volition to reveal their new project at PAX Prime
- Watch Us Play.tm: Metro Redux
- Capcom suing Koei Tecmo for a lot of patent infringement
- New fighters and gameply features come in with EA Sports UFC's second free update
- NHL 15 demo faces off on PS4 and Xbox One
- Chair bringing the Infinity Blade saga to a close next week
- Watchmen and Dexter actors provide the voices for The Evil Within
- Square Enix apologises over confusion surrounding the Rise Of The Tomb Raider announcement