Mercury Steam's first next-gen project nothing like Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow
David Cox has hinted at what Mercury Steam have coming beyond the release of Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2.
Cox has indicated that their first next-gen project will not be anything like their Castlevania games but they will use some of the ideas that they considered for Lords Of Shadow 2.
On bringing Lords Of Shadow 2 to PS4 and Xbox One he stated that it would require a lot of modification to the game engine, adding "It would mean kind of taking five steps back," although he didn't rule out another studio doing the port work.
He has hinted previously (back in 2012 to be accurate) that they have some “cool ideas” and that he personally would love to work on something in Konami's Contra universe.
- Ninja Theory: We'll cross the 1080p/60fps bridge for Hellblade when we come to it
- Standalone DayZ not expected to leave Steam Early Access until 2016
- Telltale gives their Game Of Thrones series final release dates
- Large patch arrives to tackle the matchmaking issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection
- BioWare looking into a bug stopping banter between party members in Dragon Age: Inquisition
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch introduces a new visual bug
- Metal Gear Online will return, reveal coming at The Game Awards 2014
- Ever wanted to know which next-gen console would survive a 15-foot drop?
- New Assassin's Creed: Unity patch is a bit on the large side