Mercury Steam's first next-gen project nothing like Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow
David Cox has hinted at what Mercury Steam have coming beyond the release of Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2.
Cox has indicated that their first next-gen project will not be anything like their Castlevania games but they will use some of the ideas that they considered for Lords Of Shadow 2.
On bringing Lords Of Shadow 2 to PS4 and Xbox One he stated that it would require a lot of modification to the game engine, adding "It would mean kind of taking five steps back," although he didn't rule out another studio doing the port work.
He has hinted previously (back in 2012 to be accurate) that they have some “cool ideas” and that he personally would love to work on something in Konami's Contra universe.
- Steam is awesome this weekend, Borderlands 2 and Dishonored freeplay and a massive 2K sale
- Peter Molyneux: “There is a brilliant game there in Godus that is going to bring people together”
- FIFA Ultimate Team cheaters be warned EA Sports is coming for you
- #welovegamedevs Twitter campaign appears as an antidote to this week's unpleasantness
- No branching narratives for The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
- Spa hotlap video arrives for F1 2014
- Phil Fish puts Polytron and Fez up for sale and quits Twitter after multiple hacks
- The Vanishing Of Ethan Carter gets a PC release date
- Sony schedules PSN maintenance for Monday