Mercury Steam's first next-gen project nothing like Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow
David Cox has hinted at what Mercury Steam have coming beyond the release of Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2.
Cox has indicated that their first next-gen project will not be anything like their Castlevania games but they will use some of the ideas that they considered for Lords Of Shadow 2.
On bringing Lords Of Shadow 2 to PS4 and Xbox One he stated that it would require a lot of modification to the game engine, adding "It would mean kind of taking five steps back," although he didn't rule out another studio doing the port work.
He has hinted previously (back in 2012 to be accurate) that they have some “cool ideas” and that he personally would love to work on something in Konami's Contra universe.
- Borderlands 2 writer leaving Gearbox to join Freddie Wong's RocketJump production company
- Bloodborne will be harder than Demon's Souls and features procedurally generated dungeons
- Hearthstone users pass the 75 million mark, new expansion on the way says new report
- Square Enix unveils the Final Fantasy Type-0 Collector's Edition
- Life Is Strange arrives today
- SEGA cuts jobs in the biggest strategic shift since they binned the Dreamcast
- Big new update arrives for Frozen Cortex
- Introversion's Prison Architect will see its full launch this year, mobile version announced
- Ken Levine's next game is a first-person sci-fi title