Mercury Steam's first next-gen project nothing like Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow
David Cox has hinted at what Mercury Steam have coming beyond the release of Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2.
Cox has indicated that their first next-gen project will not be anything like their Castlevania games but they will use some of the ideas that they considered for Lords Of Shadow 2.
On bringing Lords Of Shadow 2 to PS4 and Xbox One he stated that it would require a lot of modification to the game engine, adding "It would mean kind of taking five steps back," although he didn't rule out another studio doing the port work.
He has hinted previously (back in 2012 to be accurate) that they have some “cool ideas” and that he personally would love to work on something in Konami's Contra universe.
- Bungie explains their latest weapon balancing efforts in Destiny, promises more is coming
- Blizzard aiming to release Hearthstone on Android tablets by the end of the year
- Former BioWare man Casey Hudson hints at an Oculus Rift project
- Dark Souls on PC to switch from Games For Windows Live to Steam next month
- Square Enix announces details and pricing on the premium livestream of Final Fantasy XIV Fan Festival 2014
- First Challenge Mode DLC arrives next week for Alien: Isolation
- Metallica to close out this year's BlizzCon
- Free DLC adds a new skin and runes to Shadow Of Mordor
- ESL Gaming app arrives for the Xbox One