Mercury Steam's first next-gen project nothing like Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow
David Cox has hinted at what Mercury Steam have coming beyond the release of Castlevania: Lords Of Shadow 2.
Cox has indicated that their first next-gen project will not be anything like their Castlevania games but they will use some of the ideas that they considered for Lords Of Shadow 2.
On bringing Lords Of Shadow 2 to PS4 and Xbox One he stated that it would require a lot of modification to the game engine, adding "It would mean kind of taking five steps back," although he didn't rule out another studio doing the port work.
He has hinted previously (back in 2012 to be accurate) that they have some “cool ideas” and that he personally would love to work on something in Konami's Contra universe.
- Valve's Chet Faliszek has been confirmed as the first developer session for EGX Rezzed 2015
- One area from Zelda Wii U is as big as the entirety of Skyward Sword
- Telltale's new collaboration is with Mojang, on a Minecraft story game
- Franklin voice actor indicates GTA V story DLC is on the way
- Red Dead Redemption, LA Noire and Bully sequels will come when the time is right says Rockstar
- Telltale teases another collaboration with another game developer
- New Company Of Heroes 2: Ardennes Assault trailer recognizes the 70th anniversary of the Battle of the Bulge
- New Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare trailer focuses on character customization
- Splash Damage's free-to-play shooter Dirty Bomb coming to Steam in the new year